Benefits Of Being Part Of A Mastermind Group
A mastermind What is it?
Interesting question as there is a lot of talk about mastermind and I think a lot of the time people don’t actually realize the true potential of one. So let dig a little deeper.
The term mastermind was made popular by Napoleon Hill in his book Think And Grow Rich. He defines a Mastermind as “The coordination of knowledge and effort in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.”
But there is more to it than that. There deeper more powerful connection that happens than just the coming together of the two or more minds. It is like another third mind is created that is more powerful than just the combination of the minds in the group. As Napoleon Hill puts it “No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third, invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind.”
I have also heard it said when you come together with a definite purpose or goal, that it is like connecting to the energy of the universe. Where anything is possible.
What are the benefits of being part of a Mastermind group
- Personal Growth. This is achieved in two ways. You learn from others in the group and the push you to achieve more. And although often you join for what you can get out of it. By sharing and contributing to the group you grow in confidence
- Support. Because you are all working together with the same purpose/goal you don’t get the negative attitudes that you find in a lot of environment and the group shares, brainstorms, bounces ideas off each other and supports you.
- Different Perspective. Because you come from difference back grounds you see thing differently. Also when you are working on something you some time miss things because it’s your baby. When you share it with other they can often see things differently and pick up on things you missed
- Encouragement. When you are building or running your own business, especially an online business. It can be lonely, overwhelming and stressful and you can feel down a dejected. When you share what you have been doing with the group they will appreciate what you have done a give you encouragement and constructive criticism
- Energy. We don’t always have good days, have no energy, and feel like giving up. But other in the group may have had a fabulous day and share their experience and that is often enough to lift your energy.
These. are just some of the benefits of being in a mastermind group. There are a lot more
For the complimentary video training series click here
How do you get involved in a mastermind group?
You could contact the local chamber of commerce to find them in your area or create one yourself.
I am part of a mastermind group and have experienced this. Our group meeting are done online (Google Hangout and Facebook group) and although we a meeting every week and communicate on Facebook, I have not met any of them in person
So if you are more isolate you could always start an online group like I have.
If you want to move ahead faster you really need to be part of a mastermind group